Are you looking for another cool and educational internship in event- and office management? Then you are the right person the Sport Office is looking for! Below you can find the open internships offered by the Sport Office.
1. EVENT- & OFFICE MANAGEMENT
In the 1st and 2nd semester, the Sports Office of the Association University and University Colleges Antwerp (MOVE UAntwerp/Ap) organizes several events. As an intern you will help elaborate and organize these sports events in cooperation with the staff of the Sports Office and the students of the UA Sportraad. Besides supporting the different events, you will get office management responsibilities and communication tasks.
WHICH EVENTS CAN YOU SUPPORT?
NOW – END OF JANUARY
- Support Flemish and Belgian student championships in Antwerp
- PCU Chess (25/11-27/11)
- Assisting local sports events
- Antwerp Students league: developing concepts, promotional campaign, etc.
BEGIN OF FEBRUARY – JUNE
- The Antwerp 10 Miles (23/04/2023): managing the registrations, working out a complete communication plan, following up employees and all peripheral matters, setting up the promotion stand on the business park, contact with the various partners, etc.
- PCU Bridge Trophy 2023 (14/04/2023 – 16/04/2023): international bridge tournament organized at the UAntwerpen
- 10 hour run (end of April): setting up a full promotional campaign, requesting and following up offers, attending meetings with the UA Sports Council and other partners, consultation with the City of Antwerp and police, etc.
- PCU Games (26/04/2023 – 28/04/2023, under reserve): support international sports tournament, organized in Antwerp
- Antwerp Students League (ASL) Finals Week (15/05/2023 – 19/05/2023): develop full concept, run promotional campaigns, etc.
2. ORGANISATION PCU GAMES 2023 ANTWERP
Every year, the University of Antwerp organizes the PCU Games, a three-day international sports tournament for University teams, with competitions in Basketball, Volleyball, Indoor Football (M/F). Some 30 foreign teams are expected, as well as about 10 Antwerp teams. More information about the PCU Games, see www.pcucommittee.com/pcu-games.
You are (co-)responsible for the complete preparation and organization; including: organization of competitions (schedules, referees, …), sports venues, ceremonies, side animation, material & logistics, finding and coordinating volunteers, communication with participating teams (English/French) and more. This together with another intern and an employee of the Sports Office. You can fall back on a script of past editions. Your own creative input into the event is possible.
Exact tasks will be based on interests and competences of the intern at the start of the internship.
- The ideal internship period is from 06/03- 28/04/2023 and is approximately 300 hours.
- Depending on your study program we can see which days you work.
- The event itself runs from 26/04 – 28/04/2023, the week of 24/04/2023 you will be fully available and will be very busy.
- Don’t let the dates put you off. If you prefer a different period, we can mutually agree on a suitable period. You do need to be available full time from 24/04 – 28/04/2023.
- You like a challenge
- You are willing to go “the extra mile” for all events and participants
- You are a real team player
- You take initiative
- You are social, independent, willing to work and communicative
- You can communicate in Dutch and English. French is a plus.
- Following up on social media
- Keeping website up to date
- Internal and external communications (point of contact for students and partner institutions, general mailbox, newsletter, etc.)
- Taking notes at meetings
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
You will join a young (or at least in the mind) and dynamic team of 5 sports employees, who put their best foot forward every day for thousands of students. We are already eager to meet enthusiastic interns!
Would you like to complete a fun and interesting internship or work out a great project in a dynamic organization? Send an email with your details to email@example.com